COPY EDITOR CONTRACTOR (REMOTE)
The Copy Editor ensures that online courses are free of errors, easy to read and conform to the client’s publication’s style. Copy editors need a passion for writing, a sharp eye for detail, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and corrects any grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors.
- Ensures that names, places, and organizations are spelled properly and that facts, dates, and statistics are accurate.
- Analyzes material for conciseness and consistency.
- If copy is poorly constructed, confers with the writer and asks for revisions.
- Reviews photos to ensure captions match the image — most notably that they include the correct spelling of each name.
- Revises text to improve its flow and structure wherever necessary
- May also suggest reorganizing text for clarity and ensures proper formatting according to client guidelines.
- Contributes to a style guide reflecting recommended text, formatting, and word usage.
- Escalates potential concerns/issues to project supervisor in a timely manner.
- Monitors schedule and adheres to all established deadlines.
- Ensures that each sentence is easy to read and that concepts are expressed in a clear, logical manner.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ degree in English, journalism, or related field
- A thorough knowledge of English grammar and spelling
- Proficiency in MS Word, Google and APA Style
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle large volume of work
- Ability to work virtually and independently with limited supervision
Apply today by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org!